Fall Foodie Getaway on the Homegrown Trail
The Indiana Foodways Alliance’s Homegrown Trail highlights the true meaning of farm-to-table. The trail offers a variety of concepts with many of the locations boasting their own restaurants and shops. Check out these recommendations for your trip:
- High Point Orchard in Greensburg boasts 18 acres of historical orchards. They offer several varieties of apples, peaches and Asian pears.
- The Local Eatery and Pub in Westfield is a farm-to-table-driven restaurant focused on families with a variety of options for the more daring palates.
- The Apple Dumplin’ Café and McClure’s Orchard in Peru give apple lovers the chance to experience everything from wine tasting, apple dumplings, apple picking, hard cider and more.
- Prairie Acres Restaurant and Farm Market in Oaktown is a charming family restaurant and farm market that offers homemade recipes, homegrown produce, ice cream and gifts.
- RDM Aquaculture LLC in Fowler is the most unique stop. Take the mini-tour for $5 per person and find out how they produce the freshest saltwater shrimp in a 600-mile radius.
See all the stops on IFA’s Homegrown Trail at indianafoodways.com.