Anderson Paramount Theatre
Opened in 1929, the Anderson Paramount Theatre stood out among the six other theaters on its street because of its décor and 36-foot-tall Paramount blade marquee.
Unfortunately, due to deterioration, the marquee was removed in the early 1970s.
After decades of deterioration and neglect, a group of enterprising citizens saved the theater from the wrecking ball and restored the historic structure to its original design, down to its custom woven carpet, intricate ceiling design, theater pipe organ and, of course, its impressive marquee.
Today, the Paramount is Anderson’s cultural centerpiece, playing host to a full calendar of performances, events and fundraisers.
Learn about other historic theaters throughout the state by visiting the Indiana Department of Natural Resources’ Historic Theater Initiative online.