7 Winter Exercise Strategies
Resist the urge to bundle up and sit on the couch all winter long. Get moving with these exercise strategies.
1. Put on your sneakers. If it’s too cold to walk outdoors, go to the mall. Join a group for extra accountability.
2. Create your own gym. Set aside a small area in your own house to put a treadmill or stationary bike and a few weights. If you get snowed in, you can still work out.
3. Be a joiner. Health clubs offer a variety of activities to keep you from getting bored. Keep it fun by signing up for group classes such as spinning, Pilates or Zumba.
4. Go dancing. You may not be paired with a star, but you can get surprisingly fit twirling around a ballroom.
5. Hire a trainer. Personal trainers have the knowledge and experience to help you reach your fitness goals, quickly and efficiently.
6. Check it out. Many local libraries offer exercise videos you can check out for free. Refresh your workout by changing videos every time you visit.
7. Plan an adventure. Adrenaline junkies love snowboarding, skiing and snow tubing, but there’s room for beginners too.