Tips and Nutrition Notes for Party Appetizer Recipes
Find helpful selection tips and nutrition notes for party appetizers with perks:
- Store tomatoes out on the counter for best flavor and quality. Refrigeration dulls their flavor.
- If you can’t find containers of mini mozzarella balls in the deli department, just cut blocks of mozzarella into chunks the size of the grape tomatoes.
- Use high-quality balsamic vinegar and olive oil for the best-tasting vinaigrette. Spending just a few more dollars will make all the difference.
- Can’t find 5- or 6-inch skewers? No problem. Just cut the long ones in half.
- These kabobs feature three of the five nutrient-rich food groups – dairy (cheese), vegetable (spinach) and fruit (tomatoes are botanically classed as a fruit!).
- Cheese provides calcium and protein to support bone and muscle health, while tomatoes and spinach are excellent sources of vitamins A, C and K to support healthy bones, skin, brain, heart, eyes, and immunity.