Smart Selection and Nutrition Tips for Eggs Around the World Recipes
[tps_header]Before making our delicious, ethnic egg dishes from across the globe, check out these helpful selection, storage, prep and nutrition notes first. [/tps_header]
- Save time and use pre-cut onions and bell peppers from the produce department or even frozen diced onions and peppers.
- Save even more time with jarred, ready-to-use minced garlic.
- Spicy flavors and heat are what make this traditional Israeli dish, but if you prefer more mild flavors, just use 1 jalapeno pepper.
- A smidgen of smoked paprika adds a delightful complexity and smokiness to this spicy dish.
- Canned tomatoes actually have more lycopene, a natural phytonutrient that may help reduce risk of prostate cancer, than fresh tomatoes.
- You’ll find an abundance of heart-protective nutrients in this dish, from the oil, garlic, onions, bell peppers and even the canned tomatoes.
- The garnish of Italian parsley and cilantro provide nutrients such as bone-building vitamin K.