Smart Selection and Nutrition Tips for Eggs Around the World Recipes
Before making our delicious, ethnic egg dishes from across the globe, check out these helpful selection, storage, prep and nutrition notes first.
- Save time and use pre-cut onions and bell peppers from the produce department or even frozen diced onions and peppers.
- Save even more time with jarred, ready-to-use minced garlic.
- Spicy flavors and heat are what make this traditional Israeli dish, but if you prefer more mild flavors, just use 1 jalapeno pepper.
- A smidgen of smoked paprika adds a delightful complexity and smokiness to this spicy dish.
- Canned tomatoes actually have more lycopene, a natural phytonutrient that may help reduce risk of prostate cancer, than fresh tomatoes.
- You’ll find an abundance of heart-protective nutrients in this dish, from the oil, garlic, onions, bell peppers and even the canned tomatoes.
- The garnish of Italian parsley and cilantro provide nutrients such as bone-building vitamin K.