Selection, Storage, Prep and Nutrition Notes for Easy Brunch Recipes
Before making our simple and delicious Easter brunch recipes, check out these helpful selection, storage and nutrition tips first:
- Choose bright green, firm stalks of asparagus. The thickness of the stalk doesn’t affect quality or taste.
2. Don’t wash fresh asparagus until you’re ready to use it. Store asparagus in the refrigerator upright in a glass or Mason jar with the bottoms of the stalks immersed in water.
3. No need to cut ends when trimming. Simply grab a stalk near the end and snap it off. It’ll naturally bend or give right at the tender/hard part.
- Wrap bacon slices on asparagus in an even twirl, with no parts of bacon doubled-up, or it won’t cook adequately.
- Opt for a salt-free lemon pepper seasoning if possible, to balance the salty bacon. Traditional “lemon pepper” contains a lot of salt.
- Asparagus provides immune-boosting vitamins A and C, along with fiber.