Selection, Storage, Prep and Nutrition for Marvelous Mushroom Recipes
Find smart selection, storage, prep and nutrition notes for our marvelous mushroom recipes.
- Look for packages of tiny puff pastry cups in the freezer case.
- Enjoy any favorite mix of mushrooms in this recipe.
- No fresh dill or thyme? Just substitute dried, but use one-third less. Dried herbs are three times stronger than fresh.
- Substitute any favorite Swiss cheese instead of Gruyere if desired. You can even use goat cheese instead. Be creative!
- Bite-sized appetizers help partygoers practice portion control!
- Mushrooms are a good source of selenium, an antioxidant mineral needed to protect body cells from damage and help boost immunity.
- Emerging scientific research suggests selenium may help reduce risk of prostate and colon cancer.