Selection, Storage, Prep and Nutrition for Kid-Friendly Recipes
Find smart selection, storage, prep and nutrition tips for our kid-friendly recipes.
- White whole-wheat flour is right next to the other flours in the baking aisle. It contains all the same 100 percent whole-grain goodness but has a lighter texture and flavor.
- Let the kids pick the add-ins, from sprinkles and toffee pieces to nuts and seeds. Anything can be used!
- Chilling the dough helps firm it up so your cookies won’t spread as much.
- Store cookies in tightly covered container or plastic zip-close bag.
- These cookies freeze extremely well, so bake, eat a few and freeze the rest in heavy zip-close freezer bags. Simply thaw a couple at room temp or microwave for a few seconds.
- White whole-wheat flour, a 100 percent whole grain, provides optimal health benefits such as reducing risk of Type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Balance cookies, or any treat, by enjoying them with a big glass of 1 percent or fat-free milk for protein, calcium and vitamin D.