Selection and Nutrition Tips for State Fair Recipes
Find helpful selection and nutrition tips for Indiana State Fair-inspired recipes.
- Ground pork is available at the self-service meat case in pre-weighed, wrapped packages or by the pound at the service meat case.
- Short on time? Find Indiana prepared pork burger patties at your local grocery store. To find where they are available, visit indianapork.com.
- Use any favorite barbecue seasoning – so many varieties are found in the spice aisle at most large supermarkets.
- Always cook ground meats (beef, pork and poultry) to 160 degrees Fahrenheit, using a meat thermometer for the most accurate results.
- Ground pork is a lean, nutrient-rich meat option with protein, B vitamins, iron and zinc.
- Keep sodium under control. No need to add salt to your pork burgers with this recipes because nearly all barbecue mesquite seasoning mixtures have salt in them.