Selection and Nutrition Tips for Breakfast for Dinner Recipes
See selection, preparation and nutrition tips for our tasty breakfast for dinner recipes.
- Substitute canned sweet corn if desired. Simply drain and pat dry one 15-ounce can, which is just shy of 1 2/3 cups.
- Buy budget-friendly blocks of cheese and do your own shredding. One cup of shredded cheese equals 4 ounces.
- Refrigerate leftovers and use within three days.
- Corn oil has the same calories and fat as all other vegetable oils. They all contain 120 calories and 14 grams fat in 1 tablespoon. The difference is that corn oil naturally contains more cholesterol-blocking plant sterols than all other vegetables. So along with a healthful overall diet, corn oil may help reduce LDL and total cholesterol.
- Enjoy eggs, including the yolk, because eggs are filled with health-boosting nutrients. Not only does one large egg contain 6 grams protein, but the yolk also contains choline, which promotes normal cell activity, liver function and the transportation of nutrients throughout the body. Choline is also critical in the development of an infant’s memory functions, so pregnant women, eat your eggs!