Grilled BLT Pizza
See smart selection, storage, prep and nutrition tips for our Grilled BLT Pizza recipe:
Selection, Storage and Prep:
- Save bacon-cooking time and use 10 slices of ready-to-eat fully cooked bacon (roughly a 2.5 ounce package). Cuts easily with kitchen shears.
- Add more romaine lettuce or other favorite varieties like arugula, mixed spring greens and spinach.
- With their bright color and firm texture, grape tomatoes really stand out on pizza. Plus they’re easier to cut and not as messy as traditional tomatoes!
- Get an extra boost of vitamins A and K with romaine (or any other darker green lettuce) rather than iceberg.
- Low-fat mayonnaise balances the decadent bacon.
- All tomatoes provide vitamins A, C, K, potassium and powerful nutrients to help fight cancer and promote heart health.
SEE MORE: Pizza Perfect Tips